Saturday, June 9, 2012

As a child I was born and bred to play sports. My father and my mother both lived football and baseball. Therefore, so did my brother and I. I enjoyed playing baseball and football from elementary age through college. I moved from my hometown of Birmingham to Montgomery to play baseball and pursue a degree at Faulkner University. Shortly after graduation I was offered a job position coaching defensive line for the Eagle's new program. After investing 4 years into the program and marring my best friend, I felt the urge to move on to High School football and pursue teaching. My wife and I moved back to Birmingham after I took a job offer as a Special Education teacher's aide. God knew what was right for me by presenting this opportunity. My time with these students have been the influence in my pursing a Master's in Special Education. I also had the privilege of volunteering with the school football team where I have learned skills of coaching High School aged students instead of college athletes. My wife and I are excited to see where He will lead us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment